The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Risk of infection through foreskin tears

Dec 16, 2010

Hi, I recently had a drunken encounter with a guy, and we partook in a little bit of oral sex and mutual masturbation. During the masturbation my foreskin became quite sore as we didn't have any lube to hand, and I'm quite concerned that while we were hugging/sleeping afterwards (both naked) that some of his cum/precum and any precum on his hands could have come in to contact with these cuts and transmitted HIV. Can you give any idea about how likely that would be? I've been feeling quite under the weather this last week, although I'm extremely anxious so this may be the cause of my upset stomach and tiredness etc. I'd be very grateful for a reply and will happily make a contribution to your site.


Response from Dr. Frascino


Your HIV-acquisition risk from "a little bit of oral sex and mutual masturbation" would be exceedingly low, even if you irritated your foreskin during your rub-and-tug. If you remain worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative. But if it helps put your fears permanently to rest, it will be worth the time and effort.

Thanks for your tax-deductible gift to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation ( It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.

Good luck. Be well. Stay well. Noel.

Dr. Bob

Wanglepecking Teeth !
waiting on test, but what are my chances?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint