Wanglepecking Teeth !

Hi Bob,

Just a wobble moment in my continuing recovery !

I have just been diagnosed with periodontal disease, which is reasonable severe, and not responding to first line treatments.

This is giving me the jitters despite many, many, many HIV negative tests well past any risk episodes.

I read that this type of gum problem is often associated with people with weakened immune systems.

Please can you give me some reassurance and guidance ?

Many thanks,

Wanglepecker.

Hi Wanglepecker,

Back again??? My assessment and advice haven't changed. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Your periodontal disease is not HIV related, because you don't have HIV, remember? (See below.)

Wanglepecker, you're a fluffernutter. You need psychiatric counseling, not an HIV specialist! Just take a read through your previous posts to see just how looney tunes you are!

Happy Holidays nonetheless!

Love is like a wanglepecking butterfly May 15, 2008

Dear Bob,

Please can you help me ?

I am exhibiting signs/symptoms of Chronic Sinusitis (PND/facial tenderness/ear pain etc) that has gone on for ten weeks now. Can I be 100% confident that, even if I did have this condition, that, thanks to my 30+, 24 month out negative tests, it could not be HIV (regardless of it being a martian subtype yet undetected etc.) ? It seems that I keep making progress and then things like this, and my wife's mysterious illness at Christmas, set me right back. I know you are a busy man and have many to help, but I really could do with a little Frascino Mental Re-Alignment right now !

I could be living a truly beautiful life.

Incidentally, I am taking part in the Crusaid, Walk For Life on 1st June. Time to start giving a little back, I think....Much love, Paul (WanglePecker)

Hello Paul,

How sad that you are back with the same irrational, unwarranted HIV fears. Have you actually done what I recommended repeatedly in the past?

1. Level with your wife.

2. Get psychiatric help.

If not, there is really nothing else I have to offer you. I'm not a psychiatrist. And the "Frascino Mental Re-Alignment services" take time away from my addressing the concerns of others who actually will follow my advice. So Paul, the best I can offer is to have you reread your entire saga (reprinted below) every time you begin to freak out. If on the off chance you have followed my advice, I urge you to show this post (your question and my complete response) to your psychiatrist. He is the one who can help "unwangle" you.

Wanglepecker is back, unfortuntally

Bob, After 28 tests out to 19 months I thought I was done with all this. But now my wife has an ulcer/sore on her vagina, discharge, flu symptoms and a rash. She is on antibiiotics. These don't seem to be helping. So that I can fully help her can you a) confirm there is not a cat in hells chance this is HIV (based upon my previous posts) and b) suggest whether this could be Herpes (I am completely asymptomatic).

Much Love

Wanglepecker

Hello Wanglepecker,

I can't believe after 28 negative tests out to 19 months you are back here again with the same totally irrational HIV fears! Sorry Mr. Pecker, but I really have nothing else to offer you other than my very strong recommendation that you level with your wife if you have not already done so and that you seek the help of a psychiatrist. As the old saying goes, this problem is indeed all in your head! To specifically address your current concerns:

1. No chance.

2. I can't diagnose the cause of your wife's vaginal ulcers over the Internet. However, I can advise with great certainty that HIV is not the cause.

Finally, I don't believe it's your pecker that's wangled, but rather your brain. I'll repost your sad saga below.

A Wanglepecking Thankyou Jul 11, 2007

Hi Bob,

Just wanted to let you now that I finally accept my negative status (how easy should that be ? )

I will never forget the friendshipand persistent support you have shown me, I wish you well.

To others; It took me a year to sort myself out....but I did... and so will you.

Thankyou so much, and much love

Wanglepecker

And a wangled-WOO-pecking-HOO to you. I'll reprint your entire rather sad wangledpecked saga below.

Stop the bus. I want to get off Aug 24, 2006

Hi Dr. Bob,

During a business trip to Nice, France, I had my doo-dah sucked by a prostitute and about 5-10 seconds of vaginal sex, I became convinced I have HIV. I was very drunk, and the episode was most likely protected but, although I have a number of visual recollections of a condom being used, I am not absolutely convinced of this. (maybe guilt ???) Anyway, no real symptoms as such except for what appears to be geographic tongue (slightly hot/sore denuded patches) appearing round about 7 weeks post exposure. This still persists (now at 18 weeks post exp.)

I have taken the following tests;

30 days - COBAS CORE COMBI HIV 1/2 ag+ab = Negative 53 days - COBAS CORE COMBI HIV 1/2 ag+ab = Negative 63 days - COBAS CORE COMBI HIV 1/2 ag+ab = Negative 72 days - COBAS CORE COMBI HIV 1/2 ag+ab = Negative 77 days - Abbot Determine HIV 1/2 Rapid = Negative 93 days - COBAS CORE COMBI HIV 1/2 ag+ab = Negative 104 days - HIV 1 LTR DNA/RNA PCR = Not Detected 104 days - HIV 1 GAG DNA/RNA PCR = Not Detected 104 days - HIV 1 POL DNA/RNA PCR = Not Detected 105 days - Abbot Determine HIV 1/2 Rapid = Negative

I am really scared that I passed HIV on to my wife and my family is going to implode. This is because of her having cold type symptoms one week after we had nookie (after my 13 week test)

I obviously have some anxiety/depression issues to sort out here. I am not proud to have conducted all these tests. I did pay for them myself...but still...it's seems wasteful.

Have I done enough now to categorically rule out HIV or do I need to carry on testing ?

Please help, this episode is crippling me.....

Thanks so much.

Wanglepecker.

Hello Wanglepecker,

Wanglepecker??? Hmmm . . . are you related to Woopsidoodle? He wrote in recently with a similar problem. Oh never mind.

You actually have to make business trips to Nice? Wow! That's nice!

OK, on to your problem a sucked doo-dah and 10 seconds of vaginal sex followed by a slightly hot/sore tongue with denuded patches. You then had seven negative HIV-1/2 and three negative RNA PCRs (for the LTR, GAG and POL genes) out to 105 days post nookie. That's a total of ten negative tests! Count them! 10!!! WOWZA!

So with this history you are "really scared you passed HIV on to your wife and that (your) family is going to implode." Hmmm . . . . Wanglepecker, I've got to say something is just not adding up here. You've had 10 negative tests (that's nine more than you needed, by the way) and you're still freaking out 'cause your wife sneezed?

You write "I obviously have some anxiety/depression issues to sort out here." BINGO!!! There's your problem and that's where you need to focus your attention.

Your repetitive HIV testing is definitive and conclusive (and excessive). HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

My advice is simple:

1. Stop perseverating on an illness you could not possibly have.

2. Level with your wife. It's the best way to confront your guilt. And besides, it's the right thing to do.

3. Get psychological counseling for your anxiety/depression and irrational HIV fears.

4. Next time you decide to have a nice time in Nice, make sure your "Wanglepecker" is properly dressed before you "peck her" to avoid having to go though this ever again.

Stay safe to stay well.

Wanglepecker's delight Aug 31, 2006

Dr. Bob,

As Columbo once said;

"one last question...."

I agree that I have tested negative out to 15 weeks (excessively etc.)

It is only the symptom of, somewhat painful, Geographic Tongue that continues to fuel my fear. Many people have told me that GT has nothing to do with HIV and that it is most probably due to stress. I have indeed been pathalogically obsessed with infection for 4.5 months.

The problem is that I have seen references to GT on HIV sites etc.

Can you finally confirm to me that GT is not anything to be concerned at, my testing is conclusive, and that GT has nothing to do with HIV infection.

Many warm thanks,

Wanglepecker

Dear Wanglepecker,

You want me "to finally confirm that GT is not anything to be concerned about, that (your) testing is conclusive and that GT has nothing to do with HIV infection?"

OK, Wanglepecker, listen up:

1. GT is nothing to worry about.

2. Your 15-week negative HIV tests are conclusive.

3. GT has nothing to do with HIV infection.

Columbo may have said "one last question . . . ," but I have a few other quotes for you.

To do is to be. - Descartes

To be is to do. - Voltaire

Do be do be do. - Frank Sinatra

18 Wanglepecking Tests Feb 15, 2007

Bob,

It's me Wanglepecker.

I have now had 18 HIV tests out to 39 weeks (9 1/2 months) all negative.

All of these were HIV 1 & 2 and one was a HIV1 DNA PCR

I am seeing a therapist.

My wife has gotten UTI's the last two times we made love. I still have a sore, white, dry tongue with patches on it. My wife has eczema by her mouth.

I would appreciate it if you could confirm that I am a mentalist in making all of these symptoms add u to HIV

Many thanks,

Wanglepecker

No doubt about it, Wanglepecker, you are indubitably and definitively a certified "mentalist" of the highest caliber. And with a name like Wanglepecker we would expect nothing less.

Wanglepeckers Demise Sep 26, 2006

Hi Bob,

Not doing so good my friend.

I have a skin infection around the crease of my groin and a lingering cough from a cold I picked up 3 weeks ago.

Could this be as a result of HIV infection some 22 weeks ago ?

I have now tested negative out to 21 weeks and also had an HIV-1 DNA PCR at 15 weeks.

I don't want to keep testing but these physical signs continue to frighten me.

Would I be well advised to test again and/or get another PCR done ?

I am seeing a therapist, I have owned up to my wife, and I am reaching the pits of despair here as my fears prevent me from rebuilding my relationship.

Thanks Bob, I really appreciate your help.

Wanglepecker.

Hello Wanglepecker,

I'll be brief and direct.

1. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Testing negative out to 21 weeks, including a negative HIV-1 DNA PCR at 15 weeks, is definitive and conclusive. No further testing is warranted. Since you "don't want to keep testing," I suggest you stop!

2. I'm glad you are seeing a therapist. Your problem is indeed psychological and not virological. Comments, such as "I'm reaching the pits of despair," suggest you indeed are suffering from clinical depression. I agree with you when you state, "my fears prevent me from rebuilding my relationship." Your "fears," not HIV, are the problem. Consequently you need to focus your attention on treating your irrational HIV fears, anxiety and depression. If your current therapist is not helping you, consider seeing a psychiatrist (M.D.). This is not "Wanglepecker's Demise," as your title indicates, but rather Wanglepecker's Temporary Depression!

Feeling Wanglepecking Low Jun 3, 2007

Hi Bob,

Hope you can help me. I am feeling really very low. Despite testing negative a ridiculous number of times out to 51 weeks, after unprotected vaginal sex with a sex worker, I cannot get it out of my head that I could still be infected. I fear for myself and my wife.

I have had sore geographic tongue symptoms for 9 months and I "feel" it must be related to my exposure. My wide has developed spots around her mouth that won't go (>4 months)

I am so sorry to lean on you but please can you advise ?

Your friend,

Wanglepecker

Hello Wanglepecker,

It appears more than your pecker is a bit wangled these days. You've had "a ridiculous number" of negative tests out to 51 weeks! You just can't get any more negative than that! You clearly identified your own problem when you wrote ". . . I cannot get it out of my head . . . ." BINGO! HIV is not your problem. Your wangled-worried head is. More testing is not the answer to a wangled mind. You need a psychiatrist and I very strongly doubt you'll get better until you address the very real problem of your irrational, unwarranted fears. Stop testing. Get counseling. You'll be glad you did. Trust me. I'm a doctor!

Good luck. Remember HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Doc, what you think?
Risk of infection through foreskin tears