okay,i am mad.But your words could save mei TRUST you!!and i will donate for sure!!

hello DR¡ Thank you so much for helping people with this kind of forum and your foundation.Your answer are funny and warm,so i think i should trust you,and really want to get your Pro suggestion. Yesterday i got my 396 days antibody test,and it was the 5th time i tested and thank god it was NEGATIVE.Really,I hope i could consider this as my finally test :) I have searched a lot information on internet for HIV during this year .And i hate myself!!!Because of my deeply search...i found some scary cases or studys.Some may have late seroconversion ,some may have NO seroconversion..Though i am not sure if they are ALL real,but these cases completely made me depressed and worried for really long time even now. I am a young man ,23 years old.The exposure was an unprotected oral on a girl in the club,and it was very brief about less than 20 seconds.After this event,i became upset,and i broke up with my girl friend with some excuses and did not want to have gf anymore.I can't stop worrying that i may carry the virus but only can't be tested out,thus i may hurt everyone who get intimacy with me,not to mention marry.I don't know what to do now,everyday for me is so bad,i can't see the hope.I seldom get sick(cold or fever) and I was a optimistic and healthy young man without any bad medical history before,but after this i became so depressed.. Dr Bob,am i really negative and fine now?Do i need to worry about these cases i just can't stop thinking about them.What's your advice to me?Can i get married and have my family in the future?i can't imagine that i may hurt my loved one or my family because of i am still carrying the virus!

thanks Dr Bob Mad young man

Hello Mad Young Man,

Thanks for your thanks and kind comments.

Your HIV-acquisition risk, 20 seconds of unprotected insertive oral sex, is negligible at best. A single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark is all that you needed for a definitive result. Multiple tests out to 396 days were certainly not warranted. That the repeated tests were consistently negative is to be expected, considering your negligible HIV risk and negative HIV antibody test at 3 months. Are you really HIV negative? Absofrickinlutely! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted.

Finding "scary cases" on the Internet is a favorite pastime for folks with irrational HIV fears. I agree these unsubstantiated scary Internet cases resulted in your becoming "completely depressed and worried for a really long time even now." You ask if you need to worry about these cases. No, of course not!

My advice is that you seek help in confronting and conquering your totally irrational fears of being HIV infected. Psychotherapy (counseling) and antidepressant medications can be extremely beneficial in helping you regain perspective. Hopefully you will soon accept the overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you are HIV negative. I do hope you will soon be WOO-HOO-ing rather than worrying.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated during this holiday season of giving. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.

Good luck. Happy Healthy Holidays.

Paying it forward.
Dry Throat Legit Question