Paying it forward.

I'm not infected. I saw a boy of my age shocking after realizing he is HIV positive a few months ago. I have never feel so afraid and so bad. I was then waiting for my 6 month results (I finally find a place that performs free ELISA) and i was thinking: What the fuck?? We shouldn't be worrying about this! No matter our sexual activities (which belongs only to us and our partners), no matter the way of transmission, this is unfair! HIV is so unfair, it's stealing life after getting infected!!! Yes, there are condoms! And yes, there are more diseases that can kill you in a faster and more painful way but... ahh!!! That boy is 22!! My age! His average life is 10 years now! I could be infected for a single mistake.. a single lapse in judgment in my whole life. I wasn't! But that boy was. I was a volunteer on December 1st, we use those 60 second rapid Insti tests to detect possible infections(we are in Mexico and this is our only free resource) and every time we saw a person tested positive i just got so mad, so angry, so impotent. How can this be happening? I do believe in God, hate the church as an institution but I believe in God. I'm a catholic. And no, I haven't read the whole bible (I confess) but I'm a believer, this is my faith and after all of this i just wonder: Why?? I was used to see poverty in my country , homicides in the newspaper, a world so fucked up nowadays that I forgot that this STD can cause death; somehow, HIV got into my veins (even though I am not infected) I'm sorry about this speech and my bad English I just needed to say it to someone who actually understands it, people here (including those working in the health field) are very indifferent, they have a lack of sensitivity that pissed me off!, I don't think they realize about the importance of their job. Sounds very discriminant, but at least in my city, that is what I've been feeling (my volunteer team is an exception hehe) I want you to know that I'm paying it forward! You taught me that! I'm talking with friends, being a volunteer. Still a student, still not a lot of money to donate but... soon!! I will always help the cause. I know that this hate to HIV may sound a bit harsh for those who try to be positive and move forward with their infection, as you do. My apologies, but I still think that HIV should not exist and wanted you to know that here I am, trying to contribute, I hope some day my voice get into so many homes as your voice does! Paying it forward!

A.

Hello A,

Thanks for your comment and for joining the battle against the HIV/AIDS pandemic. HIV awareness, testing, prevention and treatment are all crucial elements of the fight. Although HIV remains 100% fatal, it is also 100% preventable. If we all did our part, we could stop HIV cold in its tracks.

I'm confident you'll find your experience as a volunteer to be enlightening and rewarding in ways you never imagined. Thanks for "paying it forward."

Be well.

Unprotected Insertive Partner, Brief Encounter. Please Help
okay,i am mad.But your words could save mei TRUST you!!and i will donate for sure!!