The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Mental Trauma in first 3 Months

Dec 14, 2010

Hello Dr, I had a protected oral, vaginal and anal sex with a sex worker who was from uzbekistand in Delhi, India for the first time in my Life ever on Nov 19th, 2010. The Only mistake I did that I used the condom which was available with her. I didn't know whether that condom was Latex or not. Dr. I am hell scared . I am married as well and want to have sex with my wif,however,I am not doing sex with her for the last one month as I am scared she might get infected as well if I have HIV somehow. I don't need to use condom with her as she has fit in a Contarctive in her vaginal area and that's why she can't concieve even if we don't use condoms. Please advice Dr..You have helped so many people, please help me, your few line of advices can change my Life.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Protected oral, vaginal and anal sex with an Uzbekistani sex worker (or anyone else for that matter) is considered "protected," assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. If you're unsure of the condom, you'll need HIV testing at the three-month mark. I would suggest leveling with your wife, as this is not only the best way to confront your guilt and anxiety, it's also the right thing to do. You should use latex condoms with your wife until your negative HIV status can be reconfirmed.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

HIV CURE COST $200,000
Posible Infection!!! I wonder how I can make a donation to his foundation to live outside the U.S.?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint