Re:Negative Elecsys-HIV Combi test (confirmation of donnation)

Hi Doctor, Thank you very much for answering my question, but i still need a little advise from you if you can allow me please! I was told that the Elecsys-HIV Combi test is what is used in the blood banks and as it look for the P24 antigene nad antibodies it should be considered final after 3 weeks. could you please advise on this and confirm? Thank you very much again for your help and support to all worried poeple like me... Best regards

The newer generation HIV-antibody/antigen testing assays are becoming increasingly accurate. However, the published guidelines at this time continue to state that HIV-antibody tests taken before the three-month mark are not conclusive. I would suggest you retest at the three-month mark for a definitive result.

PrEP and re-infection between HIV partners not using condoms
Re: A graduate student seeking hel....transfered $40...ref #8SP0xxxxxxxx