Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Re:Negative Elecsys-HIV Combi test (confirmation of donnation)
Dec 12, 2010

Hi Doctor, Thank you very much for answering my question, but i still need a little advise from you if you can allow me please! I was told that the Elecsys-HIV Combi test is what is used in the blood banks and as it look for the P24 antigene nad antibodies it should be considered final after 3 weeks. could you please advise on this and confirm? Thank you very much again for your help and support to all worried poeple like me... Best regards

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

The newer generation HIV-antibody/antigen testing assays are becoming increasingly accurate. However, the published guidelines at this time continue to state that HIV-antibody tests taken before the three-month mark are not conclusive. I would suggest you retest at the three-month mark for a definitive result.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
PrEP and re-infection between HIV partners not using condoms
Next
Re: A graduate student seeking hel....transfered $40...ref #8SP0xxxxxxxx

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.