85 day test results (still worried please answer)

Dr. Bob,

I emailed you on the 9th of Dec. to first say that I got my 85 day test results back and all STD's and the HIV 1/O/2 test came back negative. Can I Woo-Hoo now? My exposure was from giving cunninglus and receiving fellatio unprotected from a prostitute I met online. Just had a few questions:

1) Can I consider these results conclusive?

2) The CDC said I should test again at 6 month mark. Should I? I took my test through Lab Corp. I you don't think so than why does the CDC recommend it?

3) What would cause a person to test negative at 3 months and then positive by the 6 month mark?

4) Would an autoimmune disorder delay seroconversion or make a false negative for antibody testing?

Thanks for your help and will continue to donate

J.

Hello J,

1. Yes, in light of your relatively low-risk potential exposure, I would consider your negative HIV-1/O/2 test to be conclusive.

2. The option to take a follow-up test at six months is always an option and would be recommended for significant HIV exposures. Your exposure would be considered low risk and therefore I would consider your three-month negative test definitive.

3. This is a relatively rare occurrence, but has been described in a small number of occupational exposures in health care workers or in folks with certain types of immunodeficiencies.

4. No. There are a few reports of false-positive HIV tests in folks with autoimmune disorders, but false negative results should not be a problem.

You're welcome. Thank you for your continued support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Happy Holidays.

Is it PN and should I stop considering HIV as a cause of these symptoms?
I Really Really think I have Neuropathy