Panicking. I will donate $100

I have been married for 10 yrs. I have always been faithful up until recently I had an affair for a month and I slept with the guy about 5 times. His Hiv status is unknown. We always used protection, but it the condom broke once for about a minute. We also performed oral on each other w/condom. There was never any anal. I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago for a routine blood work (cholestrol, thyroid etc). He said he was going to run all the test and get back to me in a few days. For the first time in my life I am did an Hiv test. I ended affair in January. I had the flu in July 2010.

1. Does it always take this long to get results? 2. What are my chances of getting Hiv?

1. It doesn't take very long to run the tests (a day or two at most. However as for when you actually get the results, that is up to your doctor. Call him if you want the results sooner.

2. A broken condom does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Consequently, testing is warranted, but your HIV acquisition risk is low.

Thank you for your tax deductable donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your generosity is warmly appreciated during this holiday season. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

5 more questions about negative test after 20 years
Post-Exposure Prophylaxis, Occupational Exposure