5 more questions about negative test after 20 years
Dec 10, 2010
Dear Dr. Bob,
I wrote to you earlier today and wonder if you could please answer 5 more questions about my test result after 20 years. I would most appreciate it.
1. I live in Vacouver, BC and went to the STD clinic here. Do your answers apply to Canadians who get an antibody test? Not sure which test it was. 2. Is it at all possible the clinic could have mixed up my results with someone else? 3. Is it at all possible they could have made a typo with the words "non reactive"? 4. Hypothetically, if I had become pregant by the person I've been with for 14 years just before the test, could this have resulted in a false negative? I'm not pregnant but might have had sex before getting the test without being on the Pill (will not do that again). 5. I forgot to mention that I have had weight loss since the encounter 20 years ago.
Thank you so much for your time.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Five more questions??? This is getting a bit ridiculous, don't you think? Here are the answers, but these will be last five questions, OK?
1. Of course it applies to Canadians, silly girl!
2. Extremely unlikely.
3. Extremely unlikely.
5. Good for you!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Does Monistat Cure Vaginal Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.