5 more questions about negative test after 20 years

Dear Dr. Bob,

I wrote to you earlier today and wonder if you could please answer 5 more questions about my test result after 20 years. I would most appreciate it.

1. I live in Vacouver, BC and went to the STD clinic here. Do your answers apply to Canadians who get an antibody test? Not sure which test it was. 2. Is it at all possible the clinic could have mixed up my results with someone else? 3. Is it at all possible they could have made a typo with the words "non reactive"? 4. Hypothetically, if I had become pregant by the person I've been with for 14 years just before the test, could this have resulted in a false negative? I'm not pregnant but might have had sex before getting the test without being on the Pill (will not do that again). 5. I forgot to mention that I have had weight loss since the encounter 20 years ago.

Thank you so much for your time.

Sarah

Hello Sarah,

Five more questions??? This is getting a bit ridiculous, don't you think? Here are the answers, but these will be last five questions, OK?

1. Of course it applies to Canadians, silly girl!

2. Extremely unlikely.

3. Extremely unlikely.

4. No.

5. Good for you!

inconclusive results
Panicking. I will donate $100