|OCD/anti-depressants and ARTS
Dec 10, 2010
Hello I am on Atripla and have been for almost a month now seeing great results. However I have a history of OCD in my family and my therapist suggests that even with great results I'm obsessing over my situation. Was wondering if there are any interactions between fluvoxamine and Atripla? Or if you recommend another anti-depressant which treats OCD without interfering with Atripla. Of course i will be discussing with my specialists but wanted to know your opinion. Thanks!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
In general I recommend avoiding efavirenz (one of the antiretrovirals in Atripla) in folks who have significant problems with depression. There are many good alternative regimens available. I would advise you have your psychiatrist speak directly with your HIV specialist regarding a change in your regimen.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.