Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Insertive anal sex without a condom...
Dec 10, 2010

I was caught off gaurd the other night. I had sex with this incredibly hot guy who turned out to be HIV +. According to the guy his viral load is undetectable and he takes meds (Truvada and something else). I am negavtive. I was the insertive partner and did not use a condom. He ejculated on me (on intact skin). I ejaculated in him. What are teh chances that this one stupid mistake will result in me being infected? I also have a piece of scar tissue just below the head of my penis. At one point many years ago I thought it was genital warts, but now am not sure. Please help.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Unprotected insertive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive places you at considerable risk for STDs, including HIV. If the exposure was within the past 72 hours, you should begin HIV PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) immediately. Whether you take PEP or not, you will need HIV-antibody testing at both the three- and six-month marks. I agree this was indeed a "stupid mistake." You would be wise never to make it again!

As for your possible genital wart, you need to have this evaluated without delay. You could be exposing your sexual partners to HPV.

Wise up guy and start taking some responsibility for your actions!

Dr. Bob

Previous
RE: Precum-filled Penis tip touched stripper's body...Pls help...worried sick!
Next
OCD/anti-depressants and ARTS

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.