re: hiv/aids

Hi Dr Bob.

I wrote to you a couple of weeks ago about my risk of contracting hiv over 4 years ago and then recently experiencing some symptoms so i went to get a hiv test. You said to write back to you when i got my test result.

when i went for the hiv test, they also did other blood tests on me (cbc, diabetes, anemia, vitamin deficiencies, etc) and everything came back normal. I got the result for the hiv test today and it was negative!!!

The test they did for hiv was called 4th generation - is this accurate in testing for hiv 4 years after posiibly getting the disease?

i am so happy the hiv test is negative as i was positive it was going to be positive. However, i am worried as to why i have experienced all these symptoms - hair loss, weight loss, appetite loss, night sweats (these have stopped now), numbness and tingling in hand and arm, especially as all blood tests have come back normal??

I look forward to your response. Thank you so much for all your advice.

Your negative fourth generation HIV-antibody test four years after a possible exposure is definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able!

I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. However, what I can do with absolute certainty is advise that HIV is not the cause.

WOO-HOO! Happy Holidays.

Negative Elecsys-HIV Combi test
RE: Precum-filled Penis tip touched stripper's body...Pls help...worried sick!