The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

re: hiv/aids

Dec 10, 2010

Hi Dr Bob.

I wrote to you a couple of weeks ago about my risk of contracting hiv over 4 years ago and then recently experiencing some symptoms so i went to get a hiv test. You said to write back to you when i got my test result.

when i went for the hiv test, they also did other blood tests on me (cbc, diabetes, anemia, vitamin deficiencies, etc) and everything came back normal. I got the result for the hiv test today and it was negative!!!

The test they did for hiv was called 4th generation - is this accurate in testing for hiv 4 years after posiibly getting the disease?

i am so happy the hiv test is negative as i was positive it was going to be positive. However, i am worried as to why i have experienced all these symptoms - hair loss, weight loss, appetite loss, night sweats (these have stopped now), numbness and tingling in hand and arm, especially as all blood tests have come back normal??

I look forward to your response. Thank you so much for all your advice.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Your negative fourth generation HIV-antibody test four years after a possible exposure is definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able!

I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. However, what I can do with absolute certainty is advise that HIV is not the cause.

WOO-HOO! Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Negative Elecsys-HIV Combi test
RE: Precum-filled Penis tip touched stripper's body...Pls help...worried sick!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint