Flu Shot No Gloves

I received a flu shot the other day at my doctor's office. The medical assistant who gave the shot did not use gloves. He removed th plastic cap from the needle and stuck it in my shoulder. After he took the needle out of my arm, he pressed a cotton ball on the wound, removed it, and then applied a band aid over it. I'm assuming the needle was sterile. Is this dangerous or just bad practice? When is it okay for health care workers working around blood to not wear gloves??

Gloves are not essential for giving routine immunizations, such as flu shots, as this is an extremely low-risk procedure. Guidelines for when gloves should be used come from OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), the federal agency charged with enforcement of safety and health legislation.

cna i said whoo, whoo at 14 weeks after the expousure or my bad karma still keep me from that
APTIMA HIV-1 RNA Qualitative Assay