Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

cna i said whoo, whoo at 14 weeks after the expousure or my bad karma still keep me from that
Dec 4, 2010

Could I have the HIV in a fight with a afroamerican shoplitter ( afroamerican HIV positive) 2 expousures to the HIV virus. .Agust 15 Just as I told Dr hunter in Agust 15 I had a fight with a theft that later on I found was HIV positive, I hit him so hard in his head that that I inflicted to him a wound where by ,he bleed and his blood touch my hand which it had a little scratch due to the fight , I was wearing my gloves of wool, that avoided to be a direct contact, but still my skin was wet and my scratch probably too ( my scratch was no bleeding, just my skin peel off), I dont know if the virus could get into me by thereI am really scare. Agust 19 Another afroamerican shoplifter , I asked him to return the merchandaise and he didnt..rather than that he hit me, and we ended up in another fight, but at this time in the middle of the brawl he hit my head, with something I dont know how he did it, we review the video and looks like it was with a ring or jewerly or something, my fear is. That he could be bleeding and and (since he inflicted on me a wound that I had to be taken to the hospital to be stitched up with 5 staples) could also be infected with the virus as the other one and the virus could have squezze into me by the wound, the shoplifter flee away. I wento to my Insurance in Atlanta (Kaiser permanente) and took several tests : in the week number 7, week number 11 and the last one was on week number 14 with negative results. The test that they perform was just HIV1/2 west blot, How accurate are those results compare with the DUO combo that reduce your period window Just as 4 weeks. I am still into the window period, and I will need be tested more or those results coul be conclusives. I have not had any fever or any ARS, my doctor give me medicine for panic attacks, because since then I wake up in the nights with nightmares regarding with the issue that I could have been infected. I apreciatte you time and your pacience, but that had been really traumatics events in my life. Also I want you to know that i did a small contribuition to your fundation and getting better my own karma

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

The HIV-acquisition risk from the two events you describe would be remote to nonexistent.

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 14 weeks are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted.

Your only problem at present is your anxiety, panic attacks and irrational fear of being HIV infected. Talk to your doctor about a referral for psychotherapy (counseling). Medications and/or counseling can be very beneficial in helping you confront and conquer your fears.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV AND HEALTH INSURANCE !!
Next
Flu Shot No Gloves

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.