Carrying HIV Meds into US for 2 week vacation
Dec 3, 2010
I am traveling to the US from Asia for a short 2 week vacation in Mar 2011. I already have a US visa that predates my HIV acquisition. I am worried that my medication will be seized by the immigration & custom authorities in the SFO airport when I land. Even though I have learned that the Ban on HIV+ travelers has been lifted I wonder if the immigration guys at the airport got the memo.... Pls advise on whether it will be difficult to get my medication through customs.
Response from Dr. Frascino
"No worries mate!" as they say in Australia. I can assure you everyone has indeed gotten the memo. The ban is now nothing more than a bad memory.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do The Glands Stay Swollen During The Acute Stage Of Hiv?
- What Is The Next Step After Finding Out I Am Hiv Positive?
- How Soon Can U Get Tested For Hiv After Sharing A Needle?
- How Possible Is It To Get Hiv After Unprotected Sex Once?
- Is 8 Week Hiv Test Conclusive?
- What Do You Do If You Accidentally Inject Yourself With Hiv Needle?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.