Re UPDATE : Dear Dr.Bob - i deeply apologise for my previous letter - but please help me Kind Sir.

Dear Dr.Bob Hope all is going well with you Sir. Firstly i would like to say THANK YOU for all that you do for everyone. You truly an amazing person.i cant tahnk you enough for replying to my mail below. Please can you help me again.Today the 1st of Dec is 35 days from my possible exposure (im counting the days Sir). i went in for another test to the local clinic on the 22nd Nov 2010 which done a HIV Rapid test.Result - Negative. on this very same day my throat was sore and by Friday my left tonsil was like inflamed. i looked in the mirror and there was like a blister on it.As you can imagine i was worried like crazy NOW and stressing out. There was a wedding in the family and i was doing a lot of drinking so it kind of numbed the soreness.On Sunday i felt like i was hit by a bus due to over drinking(stress) and sore throat. On Monday my throat felt a dit better but it went to my chest - coughing etc. i went to the doctor and checked my throat - and gave me some antibiotics which i still am on. Medication as follows: My voice is also like HORSE now HISTACON NUCOTRIM METRONIDAZOLE 1) Dr.Bob Im really worried Sir- Is this a sign that i might be infected ? 2)next week on the 8th Dec will be 6 weeks ? do you advise me to go for another test? 3)ive been getting like white blotches on my palms that come and go - im not sure if im paranoid or anxious and maybe that is the reason , Please advise ? 4)i am seeking help and have a meeting with the pastor at the church tomorow. 5)i cantsleep at night constantly thinking of this.Do you personally think that stress is the main cause of my illness as i wasnt eating properly as well and therefore me getting sick. Please help Dr.Bob once again. yours Sincerely - please excuse my spelling JAson

Response from Dr. Frascino Hello Jason,

Apology accepted.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is exceedingly small. Your symptoms are not worrisome nor suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS).

1. I cannot diagnose why your "penis is feeling funny" over the Internet. I very strongly doubt it has anything to do with HIV. I suggest you follow up with your general medicine doctor if the problem is persisting.

2. No, absolutely not. I would recommend a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I'm quite confident the result will be negative.

Good luck Jason.

Im sorry for my previos mail to you. im just out of it at the moment and not thinking straight. Dear Doctor. Please please help me. I am 24yrs old. I am from South Africa. My ordeal started on the 26th October 2010 where I was involved in a one night stand with a Chinese lady. I did use protection when penetrating her; however oral was done on me only without protection. Our sex only lasted about 15min.Before I came she touched me near my anus with her fingers. This was not during penetration when I came into the condom. The first two weeks went by and then around the 9 to the 11th Nov 2010 my penis was feeling really strange (like small, no feeling and pulsating sometimes). I was scared to that I might have contracted something from this lady which I have not known her and her past at All. I went to the hospital for a HIV test (Type I & II) on the 12th Nov and picked up blood result on the 13th Nov 2010. It turned out to be non-reactive. This is what was stated exactly on the Pathology report. THE HIV ANTIGEN/ANTIBODY COMBINATION ASSAY REDUCES THE WINDOW PERIOD BUT NO HIV ASSAY COMPLETELY REMOVES THE WINDOW PERIOD.FOR KNOWN RECENT HIV EXPOSURES A FOLLOW UP TEST IN 10-14 DAYS IS RECOMMENDED. I must admit I did feel a bit better, but I was still feeling not too good. Maybe the guilt is taking over me as I am in a serious relationship. I deeply deeply regret what I have done doctor. Anyway I was still doing a lot of reading on the net regarding the early symptoms of HIV and I was and still am paranoid.Always looking at my body and my private parts.Sometimes i feel like a pins and needle feeling in my left leg. I went to see another doctor and told him the whole situation; i showed him the blood result, he checked my urine all fine and said it must be in my head. He prescribed Cifloc 250 (antibiotic) for my penis feeling strange and some stress tablets. Everyone is noticing Im not the same person anymore and Im totally out of it. My throat today is a bit sore and still worried to hell. Im scared for what I have done to my Girl friend as we did have sex w/o protection a few days after the incident. l. Its eating me up doc. I have learnt my lesson doctor, Really, Please advise what should I do? I would really appreciate your point of view. 1) why is my penis feeling funny doc ? 2) am i at Hihh risk of HIV ? My name is Jason doctor.i would really appreciated your soonest reply and thanks for also getting back to me.

Kind Regards, Jason

Hello Jason,

1. No.

2. No. Wait until the three-month mark for a definitive test.

3. Paranoid and anxious.

4. You would do better with a mental health professional (psychologist or psychiatrist) than a pastor.

5. Yes, stress is the cause.

Dear Dr.Bob - i depply apologise for my previous letter - but please help me Kind Sir. Nov 26, 2010

Kind Regards,

Jason

Hello Jason,

Apology accepted.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is exceedingly small. Your symptoms are not worrisome nor suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). 1. I cannot diagnose why your "penis is feeling funny" over the Internet. I very strongly doubt it has anything to do with HIV. I suggest you follow up with your general medicine doctor if the problem is persisting. 2. No, absolutely not. I would recommend a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I'm quite confident the result will be negative.

Good luck Jason.

What hospital would you suggest that I get a second opinion? (NON-HIV-RELATED KAPOSIS SARCOMA, 2010)
Carrying HIV Meds into US for 2 week vacation