condom broke

HI I am a HIV neg male and I used a condom to penetrate a guy I met and noticed it had broken shortly after. I pulled out and was clean not blood or anything. I subsequently found out he has been HIV positive and undetecible since 1999. It is now two weeks later and I am freaking out. I will get tested tomorrow. He told me that the risk of me getting HIV from him is virtually zero because he is undetectible and the contact time was minimal. help?????????? thank you

The HIV-acquisition risk from condom failure is the same as from unprotected sex.

If it is true that your partner has an undetectable HIV plasma viral load (realize we have no way of knowing if this is true), the HIV-transmission risk would be significantly decreased, but not completely eliminated.

Published guidelines for HIV testing following a significant exposure to someone confirmed to be HIV infected recommend testing at both the three- and six-month marks. You can read much more about HIV-diagnostic-testing recommendations in the archives. Have a look.

Strap-on risk for HIV?
Porn Guy saying hello...