When to test for STD's (Please answer very worried)

Hey Dr. Bob,

I had a few questions, hope you can answer them.

1) How long should I have waited to test for STD's. I tested at 56 days and all the STD's came back negative. Was that enough time?

2) Can you get HCV from cunninglus if there was no blood transfered?

3) I tested at 80 days with a Oraquick Advanced HIV 1/2 test and it came back negative. Is this encouraging, do you think I could test positive by 12 weeks (84 days)?

4) My exposure was giving unprotected cunninglus and receiving unprotected fellatio. Do I need to test at six months. Don't know the status of the prostitute I met online?

5) Going to take my HIV 1/O/2 test on Monday (85 days) is that long enough to consider my results conclusive?

Thanks for you help! I made a donation of $25.00 to your fund and plan on making future donations. Will contact you when I take my HIV 1/O/2 test this Monday (85 days)

J.

Hello J,

1. 56 days is long enough for STD screening, except for HIV, which requires a full three months.

2. No.

3. A negative HIV-antibody test at 80 days is extremely encouraging. The published guidelines state HIV-antibody tests taken before the three-month mark are not conclusive.

4. No. A three-month test will suffice.

5. Yes.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test remains negative.

O Dear Bob I need your help
Just a BIG Thank You !