|When to test for STD's (Please answer very worried)
Dec 3, 2010
Hey Dr. Bob,
I had a few questions, hope you can answer them.
1) How long should I have waited to test for STD's. I tested at 56 days and all the STD's came back negative. Was that enough time?
2) Can you get HCV from cunninglus if there was no blood transfered?
3) I tested at 80 days with a Oraquick Advanced HIV 1/2 test and it came back negative. Is this encouraging, do you think I could test positive by 12 weeks (84 days)?
4) My exposure was giving unprotected cunninglus and receiving unprotected fellatio. Do I need to test at six months. Don't know the status of the prostitute I met online?
5) Going to take my HIV 1/O/2 test on Monday (85 days) is that long enough to consider my results conclusive?
Thanks for you help! I made a donation of $25.00 to your fund and plan on making future donations. Will contact you when I take my HIV 1/O/2 test this Monday (85 days)
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. 56 days is long enough for STD screening, except for HIV, which requires a full three months.
3. A negative HIV-antibody test at 80 days is extremely encouraging. The published guidelines state HIV-antibody tests taken before the three-month mark are not conclusive.
4. No. A three-month test will suffice.
Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test remains negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.