The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

O Dear Bob I need your help

Dec 3, 2010

I am 37 year old male. I won't BS you and tell you I've only had unprotected sex one time in my life. I will say the last time I had unprotected sex was 25 weeks ago. 4 months after possible exposure I had blood drawn at the hospital. The test was chemiluminescence. Results negative. At 25 weeks I received a negative Home Access result. I never had swollen lymph nodes, fever, headaches. What I did have after about 4 months post exposure was a dry cough and a 'sinus' infection I've never experienced before. The ENT gave me prilosec. It took care of the cough and sinus trouble. All thru month 5 and 6 I have had painfully sore limbs. Forearms are pins and needles aching, icy hot dulls the pain but not for long. How much can I rely on my test results and not these strange events to my health? Thank you, I love you, everyone on this forum does.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Your negative HIV-antibody tests out to 25 weeks are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted.

I can't diagnose the cause of your current symptoms over the Internet, but what I can do with absolute certainty is advise you what's not causing them: it's not HIV!

Thanks for being honest about your lapses in judgment. So many folks aren't!

Love you too!

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

3rd time posting, no reply. i will donate asap.
When to test for STD's (Please answer very worried)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint