Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

3rd time posting, no reply. i will donate asap.
Dec 1, 2010

Hello Dr.

i know you are very bust but please reply to this question. your forums helped me out a lot, but i dint find my kind of question anywhere so please help. i am 17 years old.

i had sex with a hook up 2 weeks ago. assuming she was HIV +, after a few minutes the condom broke and i immediately took off my penis.

I am concerned about a few reasons:-

1) if the comdom fails, and for a second my penis is unprotected, then whats is my risk of getting infected ? 2) when do you think will a cure for HIV be invented? 3) when should i take the test?

i would be very grateful if u answer my question. i will surely donate as soon as i get a debit card.

Warm regards, SP.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello SP,

1. When a condom fails and your penis is unprotected, the risk is the same as having unprotected sex. HIV testing is warranted.

2. I wish I knew! Nothing on the immediate horizon, but we should all still remain hopeful. You can read more about "cure" in the archives of this forum. We have an entire chapter devoted to that topic.

3. Three months from the date of potential exposure. HIV-antibody tests taken before the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive or conclusive.

Good luck! I'm here in case you need me, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Blood group O and HIV/AIDS
Next
O Dear Bob I need your help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.