|Blood group O and HIV/AIDS
Dec 1, 2010
I have heard so many times from friends that when you are Poz and you have blood group O, the results can come out Negative. How true is this? can HIV hide when blood group is O? please explain this to me.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
What you heard "so many times from friends" is absolutely false. HIV doesn't care what blood type you happen to be, just as it doesn't care if you're gay, straight or bi-curious closeted Republican. HIV is a virus. It does not discriminate.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Hiv Cause Sore Throat That Lasts Long Time?
- How Long Can Hiv Survive In The Air?
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- Why Can't I Get Rid Of My Chlamydia?
- What Reactions Does Genital Herpes Have?
- What Is The Percentage Of Teens That Have Had Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.