testing at 2 1/2 months too early?

i recently found out that my partner is hiv+. we've were sexually active for a few months this summer before i demanded he get an hiv test. he refused, saying a whole lot of hoopla, but eventually told me last week it was because he didn't know how to tell me he was hiv+. we live in belize, central maerica where the stigma is insane compared to new york city. they even quarantine aids patients in the hospital right next to tuberculosis patients. i'm no doctor but that doesn't seem beneficial to anyone.

two incidents happened with condom slippage over the last bunch of months which have me losing my mind. the last time we had sex was september 15, i am waiting for december 15 to get my three month test. i was tested october 15 and i was hiv-. i am scared shitless. and don't know if i can wait until december 15. how conclusive do you think a test would be at 2 1/2 months? does it have to be 90 days or is it in the ball park enough for me to get tested tomorrow?

Sorry to hear your partner acted so irresponsibly by not disclosing his HIV status. "Whole lot of hoopla" indeed!

Your negative HIV-antibody test at 2.5 months is very encouraging. The vast majority (but not all) of HIVers will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibody in their blood within four to six weeks after HIV primary infection. However, to assure you have not acquired the virus following a significant HIV exposure, the CDC recommends you test at both the three- and six-month marks. I realize how anxiety provoking a six-month wait can be. If you're having difficulty, consider asking your doctor for help. Anti-anxiety medications and/or counseling (psychotherapy) can be very beneficial.

Good luck. I'm here if you need me, OK?

MY LIFE IS IN DANGER!
Blood group O and HIV/AIDS