Am I At Risk? I urinated and washed...

Hello Doctor.

I was recently on vacation and I hooked up with a guy that said he is HIV neg. I had just met him.

While hot and heavy, we moved forward and for about 7 seconds I entered his anus. I was the top. We used some lube, I had rimmed him so he was wet and opened up, figered him some what before and then slid in.

I never do this stuff. I feel very stupid and now I am scared.

What is the reality of my risk? We lubed, I am only about 6 inches, rimmed him, etc and it was only 7 seconds.

I am nervous because though he said he doesn't he let me for 7 seconds.

I have heard as a top it is less risky. I have also heard to wash and unrinate after and it lessens the risk...this is true?

Thank you Doctor.

Unprotected insertive anal sex, even for only seven seconds, does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Consequently HIV testing is warranted.

Regarding risk, it is true an insertive partner is always at less risk for acquiring the virus than a receptive partner. Washing and urinating after the fact have not been shown to lessen the risk of transmission. (See below.)

Washing genital organs after unsafe sex Mar 23, 2010

I had an unprotected sex with a lady a week ago. She has just tested positive to HIV test. I washed my penis with soap and water in about 5minutes after sex. Her CD4 test show she has 2.8 I am at risk of HIV? What can I do now that I have not tested positive yet? The last time I checked I was negative.

Genital washing after unsafe sex does not protect you against HIV. In fact some studies indicate that it may increase the risk of HIV transmission. (See archives for additional information.)Unprotected sex is always a risk for STDs, including HIV. That your gal-pal had just tested HIV positive dramatically increases your risk, particularly if she is not on antiretrovirals and has a high HIV plasma viral load. What kind of lapse in judgement allowed you to put yourself at such risk??? As for what to do next, if you were within the 72-hour post-exposure window, PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) would be warranted. Your exposure, however, was a week ago and consequently your only option is to wait and get HIV tested. Because your gal-pal is known to be positively charged, you'll need HIV-antibody testing at both the three- and six-month marks. Good luck. Hopefully this experience will be a wakeup call for you to stop putting yourself at risk! It's definitely time for you to wake up and smell the AZT!

Hiv Dna Pcr Possitive -Results (ANOTHER FALSE POSITIVE PCR TEST, 2010)
MY LIFE IS IN DANGER!