RE -SORRY DR FRASCINO BUT THIS IS URGENT!

Hi Dr Frascino,

I have been using this site for so long now and read alot of peoples questions and your responces,i just want to give you abit more info on my situation and see what you think, ok here goes, i am a male from Australia - Sydney, and as i told you i went to a brothel on saturday night and had sex with a prostitute, as you know as i pulled out the condom was broken, does this change anything if i'm circumcised? and that i was the insertive partner? i didnt have no other previous infections or std's or Sti's and i also didn't cum?i didn't end up taking PEP as the doctor told me it's not worth me taking, but i'm not sure they are professional's on the subject. Could you please respond and also explain to me how to donate.

Kindest Regards.

Circumcision may decrease HIV transmission somewhat, but no, this doesn't really change your predicament. Likewise with being the insertive partner. The insertive partner is considered to be at less risk for HIV acquisition than the receptive partner, but once again that certainly does not eliminate the risk of HIV transmission. That you did not have concurrent STDs is good, as having certain STDs can increase the risk of HIV transmission. Finally whether you popped your cork doesn't really affect risk.

Not taking PEP is a perfectly reasonable decision if following a thorough history by an HIV-knowledgeable physician the decision is made that your overall HIV-acquisition risk is low. My advice was based solely on the information provided in your initial post.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thank you for your support. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV-antibody test results are negative.

SORRY DR FRASCINO BUT THIS IS URGENT! Nov 28, 2010

Hi Dr Franscino, firstly i want to say what a great job your doing, i admire your work! but i went to a brothel last night in Australia and i was having sex with a woman and im a male, and i didn't realise but as i was having vaginal sex with her i pulled it out and realised the condom had broken, do i need to take PEP? im not sure what to do and im really scared and my anxiety is killing me literally!Please help me Dr Bob?

PEP is generally recommended for significant HIV exposures. Whether it would be recommended for your situation depends somewhat on the likelihood that your Sheila was positively charged as well as other variables -- local trauma, concurrent infections, etc. I would recommend you begin PEP now and then contact an HIV specialist physician over the next day or two. The HIV specialist will take a very detailed history, document your degree of risk and advise whether PEP should be continued.

Transmission of Hep C? (HEPATITIS C TRANSMISSION VIA SALIVA, 2010)
New Donation ( REF EPFE6XXXXXXXXX) i love to help you becasue you always help me. (Low Risk Situation)