This fluffernutter is back!

Hello Dr. Bob. I admire you very much and you've helped me through a lot. However, I have a question. I got tested from a possible exposure that occured almost a year ago. I got tested at 4 months and then again at 5 1/2 months. All negative. I was happy.

I also got 2 CBC tests. All of which came back negative. So, I moved on. However, I still have fatigue sometimes and I'll have a random purple bruise-like spot show up on my skin (so far, it has only been 3). I'm still scared now.

My question is can't CBC tests signal a red flag for HIV? Another doctor on here said HIV positive people can have completely normal CBC test and now I'm freaking out. Is it still possible I could have HIV, even know all tests up until 5 1/2 months was negative and 2 normal CBC tests??

Thank you. I will be donating again.

Your negative HIV-antibody tests at 4 and 5.5 months are definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able and move-on-already-able!

Why are you freaking out over normal CBC tests? That really is fluffernutter maximus! Would you rather the results be abnormal?

The test to determine if you are HIV infected is an HIV-antibody test, not a CBC. It is true that HIVers can have completely normal CBCs, but this has absolutely nothing to do with you, because you are HIV negative, OK?

Finally, you ask if it's still possible you could have HIV. The answer is no. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. OK?

Thanks for your ongoing support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated. Now stop being a fluffernutter and join our X-files (ex-worried wells). It's a much more fun and significantly less anxious group!

Be well.

HIV risk????
Very worried about ARS symptoms.