HIV risk????

Dr Robert,

Last week I had sex with an escort which is probably a high risk exposure. This is my first time. I had protected sex with her for may be 10 minutes and when I ejaculated I washed my hands and then cleaned my stuff.

I am concerned about one thing, I fingered her for like may be a minute and then she told me to wear a condom. I used the same hand after fingering to wear a condom. I am so scared now because the vaginal fluid in my hand could be in the condom and I might get HIV. Recently(after a week now) I got some kind of non painful sore in my mouth. I am not sure whether it is a sore since it is not painful. I am freaking out, I am so scared that I am thinking about life insurance and suicide right now.

Sometimes I calm down thinking I used a condom and it is safe but it is really not helping me. What is the risk here can you help me I am freaking out. I had no other sexual act besides the intercourse which was protected. The condom did not break since after the intercourse I opened the condom and I could see my penis skin dry.

I will donate $25 if I get a reply and possibly more every month Any help would be appreciated. Please reply!

Relax Max. Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible at best, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break). Your concerns about transferring infected vaginal juices while putting on a condom are unwarranted.

Your non-painful mouth sore is not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome.

Put the life insurance policies down and step away from the hara-kiri knife. There is absolutely no reason to "freak out." If you remain worried despite my reassurance, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative. I also suggest you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on the related links. You should find the information equally enlightening and reassuring.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are now and will always be HIV free!

Molluscum/ARS rash (MOLLUSCUM CONTAGIOSUM 2010)
This fluffernutter is back!