HEY (SURFER) DR. BOB -- IT YOUR HOME BOYS FROM THE BEACH - HAPPY GOBBLE DAY

To the Coolest Dr. on the Planet,

Here is a question I need to ask you. So we are hittin the swells quite hard. I cut my hand on some coral. Go back to the crib(home) and our pack rats follow with. Once we get home, our hommes just got in from outside and are walking around everywhere with their sandals and some with their messed up bare feet and others with their shoes.. So I drop something out of my hand and had to hit the ground feeling all over the carpet for it - wit my cut hand, not thinking about the cut I just got on my hand from the sea floor. Now I don't know about your board skills Dr. Bob, but when you hit the H2O and bust open your hand on coral - it Stings worst than gettin hit by a jelly-fish. So I am running my hand over the carpet trying to find what I lost without thinking of what these guys could of stepped in. If they stepped into anything that is HIV+ and brought it into the house and I am running my hands across the floor immediately after they just stepped in what they could have brought into the house, touching the same place, Right where their shoes, sandals, or feet just hit with my busted up hand and freshly cut from coral.( not bandaged yet) I'm sure you get the pic. You step and I rub my hand across immediately with cut without thinking about the cut and it hits the same place you just immediately stepped - ( how's that ) What are any chances of catching the HIV virus if they brought it into the house from their shoes, sandals, feet , anything HIV+ brought onto the floor with my hand immediately running across the same area they stepped?

DR BOB - WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO HIT THE WAVES - MAN !! WE WANT YOU TO HAVE SOME HAPPY HOLIDAY CHEER ON YOUR SURFER MATES!

You are the Best Dr. we ever met !! THE COOLEST ------ BY FAR !!!

Surfer Dude

Hello Surfer Dude,

I can't believe surfer dudes who do drop knee double spinners off the crest of a giant waves are such wimps when it comes to HIV. Dude, you've now sent me about a dozen questions, all of which detailed essentially non-risk situations. Your current concerns are quite similar to others you've posted in the past. Once again: no risk. Here's what I propose going forward:

1. Spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on the related links. Pay particular attention to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted. This will answer 99.9999% of your concerns.

2. You can send in as many questions as you like, but I'll only respond if I feel there is a potential risk, OK? I read each and every post that comes into my inbox (thousands!). So if you don't hear back from me, you can assume your concerns are once again a non-risk, just like all your previous ones, OK?

As for my hitting the waves, I'll be in New Zealand and Oz in February and March. Bondi Beach here I come.

Be well. Stop worrying about nothing.

Accuracy of Test results after 85 and 90 days
RE: Scotsman In Singapore