Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dear Dr.Bob - i depply apologise for my previous letter - but please help me Kind Sir.
Nov 26, 2010

Im sorry for my previos mail to you. im just out of it at the moment and not thinking straight. Dear Doctor. Please please help me. I am 24yrs old. I am from South Africa. My ordeal started on the 26th October 2010 where I was involved in a one night stand with a Chinese lady. I did use protection when penetrating her; however oral was done on me only without protection. Our sex only lasted about 15min.Before I came she touched me near my anus with her fingers. This was not during penetration when I came into the condom. The first two weeks went by and then around the 9 to the 11th Nov 2010 my penis was feeling really strange (like small, no feeling and pulsating sometimes). I was scared to that I might have contracted something from this lady which I have not known her and her past at All. I went to the hospital for a HIV test (Type I & II) on the 12th Nov and picked up blood result on the 13th Nov 2010. It turned out to be non-reactive. This is what was stated exactly on the Pathology report. THE HIV ANTIGEN/ANTIBODY COMBINATION ASSAY REDUCES THE WINDOW PERIOD BUT NO HIV ASSAY COMPLETELY REMOVES THE WINDOW PERIOD.FOR KNOWN RECENT HIV EXPOSURES A FOLLOW UP TEST IN 10-14 DAYS IS RECOMMENDED. I must admit I did feel a bit better, but I was still feeling not too good. Maybe the guilt is taking over me as I am in a serious relationship. I deeply deeply regret what I have done doctor. Anyway I was still doing a lot of reading on the net regarding the early symptoms of HIV and I was and still am paranoid.Always looking at my body and my private parts.Sometimes i feel like a pins and needle feeling in my left leg. I went to see another doctor and told him the whole situation; i showed him the blood result, he checked my urine all fine and said it must be in my head. He prescribed Cifloc 250 (antibiotic) for my penis feeling strange and some stress tablets. Everyone is noticing Im not the same person anymore and Im totally out of it. My throat today is a bit sore and still worried to hell. Im scared for what I have done to my Girl friend as we did have sex w/o protection a few days after the incident. l. Its eating me up doc. I have learnt my lesson doctor, Really, Please advise what should I do? I would really appreciate your point of view. 1) why is my penis feeling funny doc ? 2) am i at Hihh risk of HIV ? My name is Jason doctor.i would really appreciated your soonest reply and thanks for also getting back to me.

Kind Regards, Jason

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Jason,

Apology accepted.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is exceedingly small. Your symptoms are not worrisome nor suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS).

1. I cannot diagnose why your "penis is feeling funny" over the Internet. I very strongly doubt it has anything to do with HIV. I suggest you follow up with your general medicine doctor if the problem is persisting.

2. No, absolutely not. I would recommend a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I'm quite confident the result will be negative.

Good luck Jason.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thank you Dr.Bob......I love you sir..
Next
How risky am I being???

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.