Worst tasting Coffee Ever (COFFEE and HIV, 2010)

Dear Doctor Robert,

I am thankful that you take time to read this. I am sure you got better things to do, so I will jump straight into my question.

I very recently went with my girlfriend on holiday to a country which has a history of high HIV rates. During our trip, we had dined in at a restaurant and I had ordered a latte coffee with my meal. When I was finishing my latte, I realized there was some sticky fluid at the bottom of the cup. The good thing is I spat most of it out. Back then, I had thought it was condensed milk or something harmless. However,I am sure that I have ingested some of it.

After a while, being a paranoid that I am, I started thinking that it might have been semen that was in the latte.

Now this is where it gets embarrassing - I did a little experiment. Through obvious methods which I won't describe here, I managed to put some semen(my own) into a cup of water and -*ahem*- drank it myself. Anyway, I realized that the taste and texture of it was very similar to what was in that cup of latte, especially how it coagulates and sinks to the bottom of the cup. It was also quite tasteless, especially when the taste was covered by the taste of the latte.

So I came to a conclusion that IT WAS someone's semen in that cup of latte.

I guess you probably know my question by now - Is there any risk of HIV transmission, assuming the person has HIV and it was semen which I drank? Please note that the country I went had a high percentage of HIV infections (I did not disclose the name of the country so as not to unfairly anger any citizens of that country who may read this.)

Thanks a million for reading my question

Dude, tell me you're kidding. Please tell me you're kidding! You didn't really add some of your special sauce to a perfectly good latte for your "little experiment," did you? Now Starbucks is going to have to expand its menu again to include drinks that are spiked with this new tasty high-protein boost. What will they call it? The "macho macchiato" or perhaps the "baby-batter cappuccino"?

To address your concern, the HIV risk is completely nonexistent.

By the way, I absolutely agree with your self assessment of being paranoid.

hiv blood in coffee (HIV BLOOD IN COFFEE, 2010) Nov 5, 2010 Dear Sir

I am afraid hiv blood was syringed into my coffee and subsequently drank same. Can Hiv transmission happen by these means?

I will donate to your foundation

Thank you

Believe it or not, the fear of HIV in cappuccinos comes up quite frequently in this forum. (See below for a small sample of what's in the archives.) The HIV-transmission risk is nonexistent, but it's certainly a way to ruin the taste of a perfectly fine cup of joe.

HIV transmission through coffee? Nov 27, 2008

hello, the other day I went to starbucks and got coffee that the guy seemed to take forever to make. I started watching what he is doing midway through waiting but seemed to miss the integral part of him pouring milk and acual coffee into my cup. Afterwards I had really sick thoughts of him deliberately adding blood or semen in my cup but then thought I was being too paranoid. In a few days after drinking this coffee I developed real troubling flu-like symtoms - low grade fever that wouldn't go away and a really bad fatigue. My mind cannot rest right now because the only thing I can think of is that starbucks and how the guy looked like he was hiding something. Do you think he chances of getting HIV this way are high or am I panicking for no reason? I want to note that I m not in a high risk caregory of behavior for getting HIV so all other mehods of transmission for me should be ruled out.

Dude,

Everyone knows the baristas at Starbucks do not "cream" your coffee. You have to add your own "stuff" at the milk and sugar bar, silly boy.

Coffee Drink Jul 20, 2005

Is it possible for hiv to be transmitted in a hot drink?

HIV transmitted in a hot drink??? Were you the guy in line in front of me at Starbucks earlier this evening who ordered a "decaf grande half soy, half low-fat, vanilla double shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry with one Sweet-n-Low and one Splenda, hold the HIV???" Hmmm . . . I thought so.

No, HIV is not transmitted in hot beverages.

Blood in coffee after fight Oct 21, 2009

Hi Sir, I have had quite a bit of worry today after an event that happened and I am not sure if it is a risk or not. I was in a bathroom at a downtown shelter where i volunteer and a fight broke out between two guys.The one guy was bleeding pretty bad near the sink. I had left my coffee siting on the counter and grabbed it and ran out. Had a sip and noticed there was blood in the coffee. I only had one sip but was wondering if I may have put myself at risk with this. I know blood is a risk but diluted is it still please answer I am a little batty over this freak incident. Will donate $100 on its way.

Blood landed in your Starbucks? Wow, that must have been some brawl! As for an HIV-acquisition risk via cappuccino, relax Max! The risk is nonexistent. There is no cause for concern, freak-out or even HIV testing!

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. It's warmly appreciated!

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well!)

SWALLOWING CUM???!! Jan 6, 2006 I'm really scared that I might have been exposed to HIV. I was working while a customer bought me a coffe drink and I think he might have cum in the drink. Can I be exposed to HIV if he has it and in that way? I mean, basically Iv'e heard that if you swallow cum from an infected person that the chances of exposure are quite likely.

You think someone "creamed" your coffee???? Hmmm . . . oh my, my, my. Believe it or not, I've answered questions like this before. See below and remember that just because the barista is a hot-blooded hunky Italian dude, it doesn't mean he's going to spunk your cappuccino with extra cream. OK?

Coffee Drink Jul 20, 2005

STI from auto fellatio, please help, really worried (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV OR STD, 2010) (AUTOFELLATIO, 2010)
do not play around but still got gonorhea