Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

OMG IM FREAKING OUT... over just about everything. Haha.
Nov 26, 2010

Hi Dr Bob

I do have questions, but first I wish to express my appriciation for everthing you do on this website. I love how you address peoples issues and concerns wih a slight bit of humor, to futher set their minds at ease. I love how you answer the same questions over and over, because every person seems to think that their "scare" or "incident" is HUGELY different than anyone elses who's post have already been answered. (and they aren't) I love you stay helpful and positive, even when responding to posts that are titled "can't have aids, will suicide". Posts like that must tear you up to know that while you're workin your butt off to diminish the stigmas, People aren't listening... It's like, they trust your opinion enough to seek medical advice, but not enough to listen to your other veiws. I commend you for answering those people anyways...

I came to this website obsessed over fingernail scratches and swollen lymph nodes, and since reading these posts, have decided to quit wasting your time asking, and MY time worrying, and get off my ass and just go find out once and for all. I mean for gods sake, even if we (people on this website) manage to convice ourselves were negative, and we really aren't? Were gonna find ou the truth eventually and by then it may be to late.

So I'm gonna go spend less than a half hour of my life letting a (hopefully) plesant person swab my cheek and give me the bottom line. I feel rather silly now, for sitting around either scaring myself into positive, or convincing myself into negative. So my question for you dr bob, is how are YOU today? Keep up the great work!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for your very kind and insightful post! Yes, at times I do feel like The Department of Redundancy Department. And yes, at times when I read repetitive questions with thinly veiled threats of suicide if I don't respond within a nanosecond, I do feel like hitting my head repeatedly on the keyboard. But that's really not all that helpful for the clueless questioner, my keyboard or my head. So instead, I order another cappuccino, fire up my trusty MacBook and tippy-type yet another response to yet another anxious space cowboy about his terrifying experience of being massaged by a cross-dressing lesbian Mormon midget with webbed feet.

As for your question, how am I today, well, since it's Thanksgiving, I can very honestly report that today I am overwhelmingly thankful!

Good luck with your HIV test. I'm sending my good-luck karma that a WOO-HOO is in your immediate future!

Dr. Bob

Previous
I am HIV neg and my partner is HIV pos
Next
Urgent - Failed Condom with Bar girl in Singapore

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.