HIV Exposure 21 Days Into PEP

I have been on pep for 21 days (Truvada) due to a condom break during receptive anal sex with a partner of unknown status. Today(day21) I let myself be convinced to have unprotected receptive anal sex with two new partners of unknown status, both of whom ejaculated. They both stated they were negative(tested within 3months), and also argued that since I was on PEP it was not a problem. I DEEPLY regret this decion now (i was drunk). And in a sober state I have suspicions that these guys did not know their status as well as they claimed. Additionally, I'm shocked I let myself be convinced my PEP treatment made it OK. I think this qualifes as both a new exposure and exceedingly bad judgement on my part.

Do I need to add 3 weeks of PEP to my initial program since this second exposure happened on day21?

Thank You

I, too, am a bit shocked that you voluntarily put yourself at risk for STDs, including while on a course of PEP! Dude, drunk or not, I agree that's "exceedingly bad judgment"!!!

I would not extend your course of PEP, but rather just complete your full 28-day course and then proceed on with post-PEP HIV-antibody testing at four to six weeks, three months and six months. I would suggest you advise the HIV specialist monitoring your course of PEP that you had another potential exposure. He may want to screen you for STDs.

Thanks again Dr. Bob, the Italian Stallion
Count my blessings