How do you feel about Qraquick HIV 1/2 test
Nov 24, 2010
Hey Dr. Bob,
It's J again, thanks for the response to my questions which I posted all below. Just had a couple more questions.
1) How do you feel about the Oraquick HIV 1/2 rapid test
2) Would this test be sutable for my 12 week test to make sure I am HIV negative
3) Can I check back in with you when I get my 12 week results, I know your busy just wanted to make sure I could so we could both know the results.
4) Can you please send me some of your good karma?
Also just wanted to say bless you for everything you have done and continue to do. I read your bio and I am so impressed by you. Please take care of yourself because there are plenty of people out there who will make a mistake that will need the support of a caring professional like you. I will donate to your fund soon in the next couple of days. Talk to you when I get my 12 weeks results back. Hope we can WOO-HOO together. Thanks for everything and your confindence
Cunninglus and Fellatio Nov 23, 2010
Hey Dr. Bob,
J here. I posted a question last friday and haven't seen any response so I figured I would post again. Met with prostitute from online and gave cunninglus 5-10 min. and received fellatio 5 min. With the cunninglus I only sucked and licked her clitorus, never put my mouth or tongue on or near her vaginal opening or urethra. My test as of day 71. 3 weeks blood (neg), 23 days PCR by DNA (neg), week 4 (28 days), week 5 (35 days), week 6 (42 days), week 7 (49 days), week 8 (56 days), week 9 (63 days), and week 10 (70 days) Oraquick HIV 1/2 oral swab and finger prick (all negative). Also at 63 days had a full lab done HIV 1 and all STD's which came back negative.
1) I use snuff tobacco, could this increase risk? 2) Had sore on outside of mouth, where bottom and top lip meet, increased risk? 3) I only sucked and licked her clitorus, could this decrease risk because I read that the clitorus doesn't excrete fluids that it is just a muscle and that the vaginal fluids come from the walls of the vagina and the urethra where only my chin could have come in contact and my fingers.
4) Is 10 weeks negative looking good?
5) When I take my 12 week test (which will probably be 85 days cause 84 days is on Sunday) HIV 1/o/2 and if it comes back negative (I hope so) do I need to test anymore or can I let out a WOO-HOO and stop testing. Would test 84 days or at 90 make a difference?
Response from Dr. Frascino Hello J,
1. No. Snuff tobacco may well cause cancer and kill you in a very painful and undignified fashion, but it won't increase your HIV risk or interfere with HIV test results.
2. Perhaps, however, it's a moot point, because your highly excessive HIV-antibody and DNA PCR testing is conclusive.
3. The HIV-acquisition risk associated with cunnilingus is extremely low.
5. Based on your level of risk, the inordinate number of HIV tests you've already taken and the negative qualitative HIV PCR DNA, I would advise you are HIV negative. If you continue to test (no difference for 84 versus 90 days), the result will undoubtedly be negative. Yes, you should WOO-HOO.
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. OraQuick HIV-1/2 rapid tests are reliable. A negative test outside the window period is considered a true negative. A positive result is considered only preliminarily positive and needs to be confirmed with a Western Blot before a diagnosis of HIV-antibody positive can be made.
4. Dr. Bob's good-luck karma signed, sealed and sent! I remain confident a WOO-HOO is headed your way.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.