Should I retest? Can I WOO-HOO? Please!! I'll donate as soon as Friday!

Well I had 2 risky sexual encounters last year 2009 during the months Nov-Dec. One of my partners had tested positive for HIV antibodies and it turned out that he had full blown AIDs. Anyways, I remember using protection but he did some sort of frottage (rubbing penis against my vagina) and I licked his scrotum but used protection for the oral sex. I've tested negative four times (ELISA test performed both intravenously and finger prick) all the way through August of 2010 for HIV. It was approximately 8 1/2 to 9 months during that time. Lately I've been having this rash that appears to be folliculitis and bacterial vaginosis but nothing else. My question is can I woohoo? Is there still a chance that I'm positive? Your expert advice is greatly needed before I drive myself crazy!

HIV-antibody tests out six months (and beyond) would be considered definitive and conclusive for a significant HIV exposure such as unsafe sex with a partner confirmed to be positively charged. Your exposures were negligible, assuming the latex condoms were used properly and did not fail. Your negative results out to nearly nine months are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able.

So, can you WOO-HOO? Yep!

Is there a chance you are HIV positive? Nope!

I should also mention we don't use the term "full blown AIDS," because there is no such thing as "partially blown AIDS."

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Happy Thanksgiving.

4th post in I think as many days eeks, will donate!
About tridot test results