The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr i really i want to hear from you!and i promise i will donate!

Nov 23, 2010

HELLO Dr: I am a young man who is very worried about the very late seroconversion or so called occult infection. I was only tested by antibody test several times out to 8 months after my exposure and all were negative(unprotected oral on a woman,protected sex),but i heard some scare cases of late seroconversion or occult infection.I can't shake it now,can't stop thinking about them. So i think i should get a PCR test to rule out the chance of this,could PCR test rule out the chance of late seroconversion or occult infection??????? I think i am a very healthy young man, no serious medical history,and i could produce antibody for HBV,so if i am a healthy man ,will i be a late seroconvertor? or someone could not be tested out with antibody test?? please help me,and give me the website for donation ,i promise i will donate!!

Response from Dr. Frascino


Your fears are unwarranted. Your negative HIV-antibody tests out to eight months are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. No additional HIV testing, including PCR testing, is recommended or warranted.

Late seroconversion? Nope! Not a chance.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation ( It's very much appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Dr. Bob

Working girl & a broken condom
To be alone or to risk myself trying to find a partner?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint