First Year College Student Need Guidance + Thanksgiving Donation.

Hello :) I am a first year college student and I suffer from OCD about HIV. I had issues with opening classroom doors, afraid I may touch blood or something. And I still can't open doors. Something happened to me yesterday at school while I was going to a Sunday performance of a play. Please let me know if this is a risk for transmission, and if not I will go seek guidance at our health centers therapist.

Here's the issue.. I was walking up a flight of outdoor stairs and slipped. I grabbed onto the stairs handrail, which was rusty and filthy. Is there any chance I could have contracted HIV by this, because as I was falling I grabbed onto the rail and it rubbed my hand hard like a rug burn and I suffer from peeling hands because I wash them so much. Could there have been HIV infected blood on the rail, then with my peeling hands rubbing vigorously on the rail, conclude in transmission? Please give me your honest advice.

A side note: After my accident, 5 minutes later I was handed the play's program pamphlet from a guy that is believed to have HIV, and he had a cast on his arm of which he handed the program to me. Is that considered an open wound and then my hand that grabbed the program had that rug burn-like wound on it. Is this a risk for HIV transmission or just ocd?

$50 donation is flying your way; just a happy thanksgiving gift because I'm so thankful you're here to help us. Thanks again and best wishes!!

Your fears are irrational and completely unwarranted. Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. Your OCD is OOC (out of control). Psychotherapy (counseling) is warranted. Bring a copy of your post and my response to your first visit and show it to your therapist. It will help focus your treatment and speed your recovery.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving.

#1 Question that never dies: Window Period
Working girl & a broken condom