Cunninglus and Fellatio

Hey Dr. Bob,

J here. I posted a question last friday and haven't seen any response so I figured I would post again. Met with prostitute from online and gave cunninglus 5-10 min. and received fellatio 5 min. With the cunninglus I only sucked and licked her clitorus, never put my mouth or tongue on or near her vaginal opening or urethra. My test as of day 71. 3 weeks blood (neg), 23 days PCR by DNA (neg), week 4 (28 days), week 5 (35 days), week 6 (42 days), week 7 (49 days), week 8 (56 days), week 9 (63 days), and week 10 (70 days) Oraquick HIV 1/2 oral swab and finger prick (all negative). Also at 63 days had a full lab done HIV 1 and all STD's which came back negative.

My questions:

1) I use snuff tobacco, could this increase risk? 2) Had sore on outside of mouth, where bottom and top lip meet, increased risk? 3) I only sucked and licked her clitorus, could this decrease risk because I read that the clitorus doesn't excrete fluids that it is just a muscle and that the vaginal fluids come from the walls of the vagina and the urethra where only my chin could have come in contact and my fingers.

4) Is 10 weeks negative looking good?

5) When I take my 12 week test (which will probably be 85 days cause 84 days is on Sunday) HIV 1/o/2 and if it comes back negative (I hope so) do I need to test anymore or can I let out a WOO-HOO and stop testing. Would test 84 days or at 90 make a difference?

Hello J,

1. No. Snuff tobacco may well cause cancer and kill you in a very painful and undignified fashion, but it won't increase your HIV risk or interfere with HIV test results.

2. Perhaps, however, it's a moot point, because your highly excessive HIV-antibody and DNA PCR testing is conclusive.

3. The HIV-acquisition risk associated with cunnilingus is extremely low.

4. Yes.

5. Based on your level of risk, the inordinate number of HIV tests you've already taken and the negative qualitative HIV PCR DNA, I would advise you are HIV negative. If you continue to test (no difference for 84 versus 90 days), the result will undoubtedly be negative. Yes, you should WOO-HOO.

is it hiv infection or anxiety ansd stress
#1 Question that never dies: Window Period