The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

is it hiv infection or anxiety ansd stress

Nov 23, 2010

hello dr i had sex 164 days ago i did maybe around 20 testss for hiv last test was 159 days from my last sex and i had symptoms like feeling hot every another night with tempreture goes up to 37. 2 3 4 5 amn maximum 6 in few cases i did hiv RNA at 45 days and 73 days all came back negetive but from one or two weeks after my sex for more than 5 months i feel at night im hot i have fever but my appetite is perfect my looking every thing normal and im a normal guy not a gay and ididnt slept with prst.. thanx i need your opionion about my tempreture

Response from Dr. Frascino


Your "around 20" negative HIV-antibody tests out to day 159 plus your undetectable HIV plasma RNA PCR viral load test on days 45 and 73 are definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able and extremely excessive! Exactly what part of "HIV negative" are you having difficulty understanding?

I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but what I can do with absolutely certainty is advise what is not causing them: it's not HIV! No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted. You've had way, way, way too many already!

Could anxiety and stress be contributing to your symptoms? Absolutely!

Dr. Bob

Persistent oral candidiasis for more then 4 months but hiv NEG.
Cunninglus and Fellatio

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint