Broken Condom

Dr. Bob,

Last night I was getting a massage from a provider when things got a little bit heated and we started into more than a massage. I feel pretty stupid at this point and a bit scared. First, I manually stimulated her and brought her to orgasm using my fingers (inside her vagina and outside of her anus). Then I got up and walked to bedroom to grab a condom, must have been up for 30 seconds or so, then came back. She then rubbed my penis with her hands which had massage oil on them. When i was aroused i wiped the oil off my penis briefly with a blanket and then put on the condom and started vaginal sex. After about 2 min or so I pulled out and pushed down near her anus but didnt enter, more like just creating friction in between her buttocks - the condom broke but i wasn't inside of her at the time. Anyway, I then rushed back to the bedroom and throughly washed my penis and the oil off. I dried off and I put on another condom went back and finished, this time no break. Sorry for the detail i just want to make sure i dont miss anything.

I'm concerned about a few things:

1. Whats my risk for HIV in this situation? I am concerned about the foreplay (my hands on her privates then using them to put on my condom) and the breakage (although I wasn't in her im sure my penis tip touched her skin and Im also scared about the integrity of the latex when its exposed to oils).

2. Should I be tested, and if so there is a special clinic in LA that offers pool sampling test, would this be reliable? I dont want to wait to have an answer.

Your other posts have been very helpful, thanks for being a reputable source of information when the forums just create so much confusion, I will definitely donate.

Thank you

1. You are correct to worry about the integrity of latex condoms when using oil-based lubricants. This most likely is the reason your condom broke (luckily while you were "outside"). Your overall HIV-acquisition risk is low.

2. Primarily for peace of mind, HIV testing would be warranted. The gold standard for HIV-diagnostic testing remains the HIV-antibody test taken outside the window period (in your case three months). I understand you don't want to wait to get your answer; however, I can assure you no one else does either. But, since you want a definitive and conclusive result, waiting is really your only reliable (and best) option.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV-antibody test is negative. The odds are all in your favor.

Is My result encouraging at 28days with these Test?
PEP started & stopped & resumed