Your Advice-2

Hi Bob

After having unprotected risky oral sex (bj, Cunningglius,rimming, etc.,) I tested tow times with DNA by PCR at 12 an 32 day and Antibody at 89days. You suggested my results are conclusive and I was very happy about the reply and after reviewing some of the posting you suggestd to test at 6 months

I did a 4 month test full std panel plus HIV-2 EIA.

Hiv 1/O/2 by ICMA and Hiv-2 EIA came back negative and all other STD's are negative except hsv-1 is positive by IGG 1.2. I am not sure I had this from my childhood or during my bachelor life or during this episode. I don't recall any serious symptoms or may be I never noticed.

Do I need to still continue testing for 6 months. Appreicate yur help and you are the home for many and god bless you.

I already made a donation and I will keep doing it. I am your neighbour from San Jose

Hello San Jose Neighbor,

I continue to stand by my original assessment and advice! Your negative HIV-antibody test at 89 days plus your two qualitative HIV DNA PCR tests were definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able! No additional testing was warranted.

If you read the archives carefully, you will note that testing out to six months is only recommended in certain situations, such as an occupational exposure in a health care worker or when there's been a very significant exposure to someone who is known to be HIV positive (for instance receptive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV-positive). For situations like yours, "unprotected oral sex," a three-month window period can be considered definitive. Consequently, I'm not at all surprised to see that your four-month test results are once again negative.

Do you need a six-month test? No. (You didn't even need the four-month test.) If you choose to retest at six months, I have absolutely no doubt the results will once again be negative.

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Since you are so close, next time you have a question, you can just flag me down at the coffee shop and ask! Isn't the weather spectacular today? I'm heading outside for a run as soon as I finish un-worrying a few more worrywarts!

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, indeed, all is well, including you!)

this is not a question
Good job Doctor frascino