Causes of False Negative HIV Antibody Test

Hi Dr. Bob,

Before anything else, I just want to thank you for your awesome job in this website. You truly are a good man.

Anyway, I just want to clarify something. Last November 11, I had my one year mark HIV test which thankfully turned out non reactive. However, I just have a concern. For my HIV test, I availed of a well-known clinic's home blood extraction service. A medical technician went to my house in order to extract a blood sample from my arm. Everything she did seemed legit and all but I noticed that after extracting my blood, she just put the "capsule" of my blood sample in a pouch and not in a cooler? Could that have killed the antibodies and affected the result of my test? Thanks a lot in advance for your answer.

You really can't kill antibodies, because they were never alive. Antibodies are proteins made by the body's immune system in response to a particular stimulus such as HIV. These proteins circulate freely in the blood. There is no need to refrigerate an HIV-antibody blood test. So relax Max, your results were not at all compromised.

can anal sex without bleeding can cause hiv (RISK OF HIV AS A TOP, 2010) (ANAL MUCOUS, ANAL FLUIDS, RECTAL SECRETIONS, 2010)
this is not a question