Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Any chance my Doctor knows ?
Nov 15, 2010

Dear Dr Bob. I know you told me to Whoo HOO after my 4 antibody tests out to 210 days but i went to see my GP yesterday because i still molloscum on inner thighs, dry cough, purple blotch on nose,tingling fingers that go numb at night,ra levels rising,and purple dot appears on lip for two or three days then disappears.All this plus have had Pnuemonia in last 12 months since unprotected sex with female.I have since found the female involved and told her about my Ars type symtoms that started 14 days after.She said she had cystis at the same timeframe and had hiv test then and one 3 months later both negative when l told my Gp about this he said there still could be a chance i could be infected and wants me to test again i thought this was all over. What are your thoughts Dr.Bob is there any even slight chance i want to get on with my life. Thanks for your help. Cheers confused Aussie.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Confused Aussie,

I do not agree with your GP. Your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to 210 days are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. If we assume your wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am gal-pal is telling the truth and she had HIV tests around the time of your hookup plus again three months later, both of which were negative, this lends additional credence to HIV not being your problem!

There are many potential non-HIV-related causes for your various symptoms. You don't need additional HIV tests, but you certainly could use a more competent GP! Should you choose to test again, I'm absolutely confident the results will once again be negative.

Don't be confused and don't let an uninformed GP spoil (or delay) your WOO-HOO-ing!

Cheers mate.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Finally Tested 2nd Time But Now Have New Worry, Help!
Next
Worrying about HIV result !!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.