Microwaved Blood !!!

Just when you think it cant get any worse!!! Recently Poz about 4 months.Have not done the lab work yet. Im still trying to come to terms with this. I feel like such a failure as a father, son and husband. It was one night in a drunken stupor.

Please help, I may have put my son at risk. Here is the latest incident, this happened last night. Hand A had a little fresh blood on fingertip, i used this hand to put one of those kids TV dinners in the microwave, based on the finger with blood on it. would of only touched the bottom of the tray. Cooked for 3 mintues, took it out with hand B and set on table. My son picked up the tray and moved to the other side of table, after setting his tray down, he started picking his nose. This is when i happened to look at my hand and noticed the smeared blood on my fingertip on hand A. When i realized what had occured, I took the tray away got cleaned up and had to cook him something else. My question is this, is some blood was on the bottom of the tray and he got it on his hand when he picked his nose or happened to begin eating with this hand, will he become infected.

I feel like im a walking infection. I use to be so loving with my young sons, now i have to be on defense all the time. i dont even talk directly facing them or while standing over their food due to mild gingivites.

All day i replay every interaction i have with them, i will tell you, this is killing me.

Please can you answer my question, I know that you get a lot of requests but as you know we fear what we dont fully understand. What you do for all of us, cannot be repayed. I know that St. Peter will let you in upon arrival. Will send a donation and Karma

A Scared DAD

Hello Scared Dad,

The HIV-transmission risk to your sons is completely nonexistent. Your fears of talking directly to your sons or standing over their food due to your gingivitis are completely unwarranted.

That you "feel like a failure as a father, son, and husband" due to your HIV infection doesn't sound like you are "coming to terms" with your new reality at all. And that you haven't done your lab work yet but have known about your positively charged status for four months is very concerning!

I would advise:

Establish care with an HIV specialist without further delay. This is extremely important.

Talk to your HIV specialist about your feelings of guilt and failure. He will recommend an HIV-knowledgable psychotherapist who will help you come to terms with your new reality.

Become more knowledgeable about HIV, particularly about how HIV is and is not transmitted. Begin by reviewing the "Just Diagnosed" chapter on this Web site and then progress on to selected topics in the expert forums and related links.

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

I'm here if you need me. Let's get through this together, OK?

hey Dr. B Porn guy stoppin by
Enlarged Liver has me worried