|Alternative Protease inhibitior
Nov 15, 2010
Dear Dr Franscino, My wife was occupationally exposed (blooded blade) at work with a known HIV+ patient (CD4 120, viral load unknown). She was given Combivir within the hour but at my insistence (both surgeons) I added Aluvia (developing-world equivalent for Kaletra). Her vomiting stopped with 5HT blockers (ondansatron) but generally she is feeling awful (lethargy, nausea etc). Can you tell me if it is safe to try an alternative PI during the 28 day PEP period? Are some PIs better tolerated than others? I do not have access to an HIV specialist for advice, but can prescribe certain drugs if they are available here. Thanks, DG (South Africa)
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Blood Splash Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.