Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How much at risk am I?
Nov 13, 2010

Dear Dr, Frascino, last Saturday I had umprotected sex with someone who was trustworth to me till the moment after when he disclosed that he and his wife are swingers. As far as I can tell, it appears that he has not come at all inside me. After the act, I went to the bathroon and no sperm discharge came out but only a transparent jelly like fluid which had a slight smell of sperm but which I assumed was my own fluids. I also kissed his penis but there there was just a bit of discharge there. I am worried to death because of this irresponsible act of my side and would like to hear your opinion on this as, apparently, I must wait - if I survive - three months for the HIV test. When I confronted him, the man in question told me that he had just three weeks ago undergone routine check-up and all his tests including std and hiv were negative but I don't know if I can really trust him again. I appreciate your help and opinion here. Be blessed for you work! Lisanne

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Liane,

So you were having unprotected sex with a guy who was cheating on his wife. Now, tell me again why you thought this dude was so "trustworth"???

No doubt unprotected sex places you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. An HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark is warranted. (HIV-antibody tests taken before the three-month mark are not considered to be conclusive.) You might consider asking Mr. "Unprotected" Swinger to get another rapid HIV test now and show you the result. If indeed he is negative, this would reduce your chances of an HIV exposure to the remote possibility that swinger-guy only recently became infected and is still in his window period (HIV infected but not yet testing HIV-antibody positive).

Good luck. Don't ever put yourself at such risk again, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
pls answer + 50$ right way
Next
Scary encounter, please put me at rest.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.