NOTHING BUT THE CONDOM RIM....

Dear Dr. Bob!

First of all, I want to thank you for your valuable job and all the help provided in your site. God bless you (or be granted with the best energies of the higher powers, in case you do not believe).

I had sex with female sex worker and after finishing I realize I only got left the condom rim (thus unprotected sex with high risk partner)

8 weeks negative ELISA - and Negative PCR is wohooo or just means retest again in a moth??

Many thanks

The Rim

Hi "Rim,"

Your negative eight-week ELISA and undetectable PCR are extremely encouraging. The current guidelines suggest that HIV-antibody tests taken before the three-month mark are not conclusive. The statistical odds you did not contract the virus from this sexperience are astronomically in your favor. I'd still recommend an HIV-antibody test outside the window period for a definitive result.

Sex toy and oral sex
Can HIV be transmitted from body fluids (including blood) splash