|HIV PEP combination therapy less than 4 weeks
Nov 10, 2010
I read that theretically the combination therapy (combovir plus kaletra) should have succeeded by now after two weeks. Is that correct? I know the WHO guidelines say 4 weeks.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
I certainly would not trust "theoretically" in this case! PEP should be taken for a full 28-day course.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hiv Symptoms Show In Less Than A Week?
- Can I Get Hiv From Dancing With Someone With Hiv?
- Men Lying About Hiv Test Results
- Side Effects Of Peginterferon And Ribavirin For Hepatitis C
- What Is Acute And Subacute Transient Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Athletic Restrictions For Those Living With Hiv Aids
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.