HIV PEP combination therapy less than 4 weeks
Nov 10, 2010
I read that theretically the combination therapy (combovir plus kaletra) should have succeeded by now after two weeks. Is that correct? I know the WHO guidelines say 4 weeks.
Response from Dr. Frascino
I certainly would not trust "theoretically" in this case! PEP should be taken for a full 28-day course.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Kissing And Hiv Positive With Chapped Lips
- Probability Of Contracting Hiv Thru Vaginal Sex
- Can Hiv Cause Chronic Inflammation In The Stomach?
- One Time Sex Chances Of Transmission Hiv
- If I Have High White Blood Cell Count Does That Mean I Have Hiv?
- What Do Ulcers In The Mouth Look Like When U Are Hiv Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.