HIV PEP combination therapy less than 4 weeks
Nov 10, 2010
I read that theretically the combination therapy (combovir plus kaletra) should have succeeded by now after two weeks. Is that correct? I know the WHO guidelines say 4 weeks.
Response from Dr. Frascino
I certainly would not trust "theoretically" in this case! PEP should be taken for a full 28-day course.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like In Early Stages?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Risk Of Transmitting Herpes Through Kissing
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used To Treat Gonorrhea?
- Syphilis Test Results
- Symptoms Of Hpv In The Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.