one night stand. should i worry?
Nov 10, 2010
Hi, I am male. I had sex (one night stand) both vaginal and anal. I used the hotel shower bag and I am sure it didn't break. However, because I never done it with a stranger I got so worried. So I called her and I took her to the hospital and she got the HIV 1 and 2 antibodies test (aids test) The result showed negative. I am still worried because I heard if she got the HIV in the last few months the test wouldn't detect it. Should I worry?
Response from Dr. Frascino
You used the hotel shower bag??? Why? Did you run out of Ziploc plastic sandwich baggies? Dude, hotel shower bags are not latex condoms!
It is encouraging your one-night stand tested HIV negative. Yes, there is a rather remote possibility she's recently become HIV infected and still in her window period (particularly if she agrees to hotel shower bags as protection). You should do two things:
1. Get an HIV test at the three-month mark.
2. Buy some latex condoms. Frevinsakes!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Virgin Get Genital Warts?
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
- How Often To Get Hepatitis B Vaccine Series?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.