Question about brief insertive exposure

Hello Doctor,

I've been coming to this site for a couple of years now and I have always appreciated the your warmth and deep well of knowledge. I am 25, circumcised and STD free. 10 days ago, I hooked up with a buddy I've known for about 8 months. There was some brief oral sex (he sucked me off), followed by some bumping and grinding with some lube. I noticed my buddy tried to slide my bare dick inside his ass (1st red flag), but I immediately stopped him and asked him for a condom. He said he didn't have one (2nd red flag), so we continued bumping and grinding. After some more bumping and grinding, he slid my dick inside of him again, but I pulled it out almost immediately. Panicked at my screw-up, I ended the encounter. He told me he was HIV negative, but his credibility is kinda shot, being that he was willing to have unprotected anal sex with me, a relative stranger.

I've been a bit concerned since that time and I visited this site for answers. My fears were initially diminished somewhat, but I've noticed that I'm feeling a little off. This feeling started 9 days after the exposure. I don't have a fever, headache, sore throat or any overt symptoms. I just feel a tad weak and tired. Being that I just started a rather extreme low calorie diet a week ago, I'm thinking that might be the culprit. Nonetheless, this slightly-off feeling, coupled with the exposure, has me quite on edge. I know that at this point, an HIV test at 3 and 6 months is in order. However, I'm scared to death that I have HIV and I'm having a hard time not worrying. Is there any aspect of my situation that is encouraging?

Unprotected insertive oral sex carries only a very slight risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. Unprotected insertive anal is much riskier, but your exposure, assuming your partner was HIV infected, was extremely brief. Consequently your overall HIV-acquisition risk remains quite low, but not completely nonexistent. Your "symptoms" are not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS); however, an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark is still warranted.

Possible exposure. Is it too late for PEP?
would i still test positive?